Sunday, March 27, 2011

Who Am I....Plastic Man?




I don't know how many of you even know who "Plastic Man" was!?!? I simply might be dating myself by even bringing it up but oh well you only live once! Plastic Man was a superhero that started in comic books way before me. Then in the 80's, during my childhood, there was a Saturday morning cartoon with Plastic Man. When asked what "super power" you would want most people probably tend to pick flying, x-ray vision or something cool like that! But, for whatever reason I have always thought that it would be cool to have the super power of Plastic Man. His main power was the ability to stretch in seemingly limitless ways and distances!

OK I know that most of you are saying, "Rod has lost it!" or "What is this fool talking about?" Well over the past 6 months or so I feel like God has been treating me like Plastic Man!?!? He has been pulling and stretching me in ways that I could not have imagined! I can honestly say that it has been incredibly hard and painful but my soul hasn't felt this alive in years! I feel like I am being used in the lives of people again and in turn I am looking for ways to share the hope that I have inside of me! I have my youth group friends to thank for a lot of it! God has really used them to open me back up to "true life"! They are an amazing group of middle schoolers and high schoolers and it is a privilege to be involved in their lives! I really just want them to love the Lord and desire others to do the same. God has also used my family in this whole reawakening. My wife is amazing and I would be completely lost without her! She is the glue that holds our family together and I think I take that for granted too often. My 3 beautiful kids inspire me to be a better dad, leader, and friend! I pray that I never lose sight of the blessing they are!





Over the past week or two I have felt even more stretched than before. The transitions and changes of life have weighed heavy on me and I have had to lean more and more on Christ. As painful as it has been and to be honest still is I know God has a plan for it all. I must be all about allowing Him to bring His perfect plan for my life to fruition! My prayer is that through all the painful stretching I only allow God to define who I am! Lord make me clay in your hands!

Romans 9:20-24 (The Message)

Who in the world do you think you are to second-guess God? Do you for one moment suppose any of us knows enough to call God into question? Clay doesn't talk back to the fingers that mold it, saying, "Why did you shape me like this?" Isn't it obvious that a potter has a perfect right to shape one lump of clay into a vase for holding flowers and another into a pot for cooking beans? If God needs one style of pottery especially designed to show his angry displeasure and another style carefully crafted to show his glorious goodness, isn't that all right?

No comments:

Post a Comment