Thursday, March 31, 2011

I am supposed to be weak?!?!?

Sometimes I wish that I could just fix it! Fix it all! Snap my fingers and make it all OK! Press the easy button and start it all over or find the quickest way to be through with the junk that comes up in life. I don't like to hurt and I definitely don't like to see others hurt.



The most frustrating thing to me is that I know that life is hard and I know that the Bible specifically tells us that we will encounter hard things. Yet I still get mad when things get tough and I still struggle with asking "why this? why that? why me?" when something happens that is hard or painful! The real question is why am I always so concern about my circumstances or the things that life dishes out!?!? I should be concentrating on what God is trying to teach me in the middle of it! I should allowing him to mold me and shape me in ways that I so obviously need!

I need to be on my knees more! I need to not fall into the same trap that Peter did when he took his eye off of Jesus when walking on the water. Peter was doing what no other person, other than Jesus, had done by walking on water and he still couldn't keep his eyes on Jesus!?!? So what hope is there of me doing as Hebrews 12:2 says of fixing my on on Jesus. If Peter who walked, talked and saw Jesus do His thing could not do it then how can I? Trust me I know the "right" answer. I know that I can only do it through relying on Jesus, but how do you really do it? How do I in all circumstances trust the Lord and not lose sight of the the prize?



Lord, may I never lose sight of you! May I always lean on you and know that somehow you are made stronger through my weakness!

No comments:

Post a Comment