Sunday, March 13, 2011

What a 36th!

I must say that it is hard to believe another year of my life has come and gone! It has been a great year for me and my family but it has also been a hard year. We have had to lean hard on God and I know that we are better for it today. We are loving being in Jacksonville and so close to the beach!

As many of you know I have jumped back into the world of youth ministry and I am loving every minute of it! I feel like I am doing what God designed me to do and it truly breathes life into my soul! To cap the year off I got to spend my birthday with 47 youth friends and leaders on a retreat to Silver Springs, FL. We had an amazing time of building and deepening relationships as we looked at what God calls us to as part of his family. We explored the areas of sisterhood and brotherhood along with what it means to have the privilege of being called a child of God. That is a huge thing for me given the state of my earthly family dynamic. I am so glad I can cry "Abba Father"!

My prayer is that the time was fun and fruitful! I pray that we all would bring it back to Jacksonville and strive to put it into practice. I am excited about the work that God has been doing with ROCK and I am eager to see what He has in store for this ministry. I am blessed to be a part of ROCK. I am blessed to have great leaders to serve with. I am blessed to have these middle school and high school friends in my life. To be honest, I could not have thought of a better way to spend my birthday then on the ROCK Retreat!

No comments:

Post a Comment