Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What a weekend!






Well I can't say that I have had a weekend that was much fuller! I drove to Columbia Friday after work and then to Pinehurst in the morning on Saturday to be with the family for the weekend and celebrate birthday number 2 for Elijah. It is really hard to believe that he is 2 already and at times I feel like I am missing a lot of his early years right now which hurts a little. We had a great train/Elmo party and Elijah could not have had more fun. We had friends for Pinehurst, friends from Charlotte, family from Pennsylvania, family from Pinehurst and of course us! We also had plenty of food as well as cake and cupcakes. I will post pictures when I get them off of the camera which is with Ang.
On Sunday we went to church which is in a brand new building (the first that they came truly call home) and it is a great building. We really feel loved at that church and enjoy being there when we are in Pinehurst. It is amazing to see the growth that has occurred there and the future looks really bright for God to use that church in a huge way in the Pinehurst area. After church Fred, Linda, Pat and myself hurried off to play golf on the historic Pinehurst #2 course. We played with caddies which truly enhanced experience! It is one of the things that is on my "list" so needless to say I was pretty giddy about the whole thing! It was a gloriously beautiful day for golf and a great 4 1/2 hours with my father-in-law and company. Dad, I can't thank you enough!
It was a full weekend and the only thing that could have made it better or even topped it would have been selling the house in Charlotte. We had another showing on Sunday but still no offers. Please continue to left us up in prayer as it continues to get harder and harder on us all to still be apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment