Monday, September 21, 2009

Like Sands Through the Hourglass

I know that over the past 6 months or so the life of the Miller's has been a lot like the weather; seemingly ever changing. Well here is the latest. I am writing this from my hotel room in Jacksonville, Fl. Yes that is right, Jacksonville, Fl not Atlanta, Georgia. I am in Jacksonville for 2-4 weeks filling in at the distribution center due to an immediate need for 2 supervisors. I am hoping that this will turn into a permanent thing so please pray that I would know enough to be effective and stand out enough to get one of the open positions on a permanent basis! Both Ang and I feel that J'ville would be a better place for us and for the kids than Atlanta and maybe this is why God has not brought someone to buy our house yet. I am always amazed at just how small I am and how in control God is!
Our weekend was really good and filled with a lot of family hang out time! I am truly blessed with an amazing wife and 3 incredible kids! I got off early on Friday so I got to Columbia around 10:30 pm which was so nice because it meant that I got to sit and chat with Ang and we got to sleep in the same bed an extra night this weekend which is really good for the soul! We spent Saturday morning at the soccer fields watching the nephews play. The rest of the day was just relaxing and hanging with family and then Ang and I snuck out to pick up Caroline and go for a glass of wine and dessert at Nonnah's which is the home of the most amazing apple pie on the planet! It was very nice to relax and have some good "adult" conversation with my bride and a great friend. Sunday was another lazy day mixed with going to the Columbia Children's Theatre for a rendition of "Go, Dog. Go" and a birthday celebration for Elijah with the cousins since they could not make it to the party in Pinehurst. The play was really good and the kids enjoyed it as well as dinners with cake and ice cream at Nana's house afterwards.
It was hard to leave the wife and kids this morning but hopefully it is the direction that we have been waiting for! Please continue to pray for us as we are still apart during the week! Pray that Ang would have the strength to continue to have the kids on her own as well as homeschooling the older 2. Pray that we would have great time on the phone and good communication while we are apart. Pray that I have retained enough knowledge to do well on this "on the job interview" and impress enough to get offered a permanent place in Jacksonville. Lastly, please continue to pray for our house to sell so that we can all be back together again in the near future! Hope all of you are well and I pray that out paths cross again soon!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your times on the weekends have been precious even though not long enough. I will be praying for your time in Jax! Only God knows why he hasn't let your house sell yet, but His timing is perfect even if we don't understand it. I will continue to work hard at selling it!!!

    ReplyDelete