Friday, November 12, 2010

What Makes a Powerful Leader?

I spoke to my high school and middle friends about this question this past Wednesday. While dissecting this topic and trying to find out what was so different about Jesus as and a leader I landed on three things:
1- Jesus was an incredible listener
2- Jesus maintained a presence in the lives of those around Him
3- Jesus was faithful.
I believe that all too often leaders can not get away from being in it for the fame, power, control, success or whatever else is driving them. I hope my friends see that the 3 values listed above will create an environment of trust and love, and a leader people will follow to the ends of the earth! I also firmly believe that this best in the context of relationship! I was incredibly convicted by how often I seek to be heard before I listen, seek to put myself first and just how absent from my friend's lives I can become.
I pray the Lord continues to convict me of these things. I want to set my eyes and goals on the things Christ embodied and help my high school and middle school friends to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment