Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Harvest Is Plentiful!

It's turkey time y'all or as some of you may refer to it, Thanksgiving. This time of year always makes me think of lots of food. From the days of the pilgrims and Indians there are stories of plentiful harvests and bountiful provisions from the Lord. I want to always remember how blessed I am and how little I deserve any of it! I am thankful for a beautiful wife and 3 amazing kids. I am thankful that we are all back together after a grueling 8 months apart last year. I am thankful that I live in a country that allows me the freedom to worship and serve Christ without the fear of death. I am also thankful that there are brothers and sisters around the world that are willing to risk death to praise and worship Christ and I pray for their safety! I also pray that I would not forget what Christ says in Matthew 9: 35-38:
35 Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”

I am convinced more and more each day that there are loads of people in our world who desperately need Jesus! I pray for the eyes see to them, the willingness to be a worker and the power of the Holy Spirit to help me speak truth into the lives of those I encounter! I pray that God would get me out of the way and allow people to see Him. Here am I Lord, send me!



No comments:

Post a Comment